Within our school we promote an atmosphere which encourages effort, enjoyment and a celebration of the achievements of all our pupils. Our concern for these high standards is also reflected in the pride we take in our school uniform and the feeling of belonging it creates.
It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school or when participating in a school organised event outside of normal school hours.
The uniform is part of our school ethos and in coming to Nunthorpe Primary Academy, parents agree to support our policy.
We encourage all our children to wear their uniform smartly. All items of uniform must be labelled.
Uniform consists of the following:
- White collared shirt, not a polo shirt
- Nunthorpe Primary Academy tie
- Navy blue jumper/cardigan
- Grey trousers/skirt/culottes/shorts
- Grey/white/navy blue socks or tights
- Light blue and white checked dress for summer if desired
- Sensible black leather school shoes or boots in winter
We require that our pupils change for PE activities. They need an appropriately labelled PE kit consisting of the following:
- Navy blue shorts and sky blue polo shirt for PE.
- Black/navy blue tracksuit for outdoor games in cold weather.
- Indoor black plimsolls or trainers.
- PE kit should be left in school except for washing. This will allow flexibility for the class teacher.
- If a child does not have their PE kit parents will be informed.
Jewellery (including earrings) or make up/nail varnish should not be worn or brought into school, with the exception of watches. We encourage parents to make use of the summer break for ear piercing. This will enable the ears to heal before returning to school in September. For safety reasons, acrylic or fake nails should not be worn. These can cause serious injuries if they are ripped off and may also hinder a pupil’s ability to participate fully in lessons.
- Hair should be one natural colour, no hair dye.
- The style should be appropriate for school; hair should not obstruct pupil’s vision.
- Pupils with long hair must be tied back with sensible material.
- Hair should be no shorter than Grade 2.
- Tramlines and pattern are not allowed.
Uniform can be purchased from any retailer- including from second-hand and reselling outlets- and does not need to be branded with the school logo. However, embroidered uniform can be purchased from Elizabeth’s Embroidery elizabethsembroidery.co.uk
Ties can be purchased via School Gateway, then collected from the school office.
Elastic £4.00 ; Clip on £4.95 ; Traditional £3.50
You can view our School Uniform Policy using the link below.